Jordan Morris had to be carted off against Huddersfield Town
The United States international striker suffered an apparent serious leg injury in Swansea City’s 4-1 loss against Huddersfield Town in the Championship.
Jordan Morris has made 4 appearances with Swansea City in the Championship for a total of 89 minutes. The United States international has yet to start a league game, but he has been substituted in 4 times. Morris only start with Swansea was in the FA Cup 3-1 defeat against Manchester City in the fifth round on 10 February and he was substituted in the 66 minute.
The 26-year-old striker arrived at the Championship side on 22 January on loan from Seattle Sounders and he is expected to return to Major League Soccer after 31 May if Swansea decides not to pay his transfer fee. According to transfermarkt, he has a market value of $5.50 million.
On Saturday, Swansea visited Huddersfield for matchday 31 of the Championship and Jordan Morris came in the 46th minute replacing Jamal Lowe with the game tied 1-1. Unfortunately, the former Seattle sounders player had to be carried off the pitch on a stretcher 20 minutes later while wearing a brace.
It is not known the seriousness of his injury and he is awaiting medical examination from the medical staff. After the 4-1 loss against Huddersfield, the head coach from Swansea said that they will travel back with the team and have a definite answer in the next couple of days regarding his injury.
🗣️ “We will know more in the days to come, but it did not look a good one, that’s for sure.— Swansea City AFC (@SwansOfficial) February 20, 2021
“He will travel back with us, he is currently in a knee brace and on crutches."
Cooper on @JmoSmooth13's injury 👉 https://t.co/dtE3CPau1A pic.twitter.com/r4NfIvKBKf
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother