Two USMNT players start in the 5th round of the FA Cup
Manchester City defeated Swansea City 3-1 in the 5th round of the FA Cup on Wednesday and Zack Steffen and Jordan Morris appeared in the starting XI of their respective teams.
The 5th round of the FA Cup continued on Wednesday with the match between Swansea City and Manchester City at the Liberty Stadium. For this match two United States men’s national team players faced each other for the first time. Jordan Morris started for Swansea and Zack Steffen for the ‘Citizens.’
⚠️ 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗫𝗜 ⚠️— Swansea City AFC (@SwansOfficial) February 10, 2021
Here's how the #Swans line up for this evening’s match 🆚 @ManCity...
▪️ 5️⃣ changes
▪️ @1jlatibeaudiere starts against his former club.
▪️ @JmoSmooth13 makes his full debut.
▪️ @PaulArriola starts on bench.
In association with @TheEventsDC pic.twitter.com/weKYSu6o5d
Morris arrived at Swansea in the January transfer window and he made his third appearance since. His debut came in the Championship on matchday 27 when Swansea defeated Rotherham 3-1 and the former Seattle Sounders striker came on in the second half and played seven minutes.
Your City team to face the Swans! 💪— Manchester City (@ManCity) February 10, 2021
XI | Steffen, Walker, Garcia, Laporte, Mendy, Rodrigo, Gundogan, Bernardo, Torres, Sterling (C), Jesus
SUBS | Ederson, Stones, Zinchenko, Mahrez, Cancelo, Foden, Doyle, Gomes, Bernabe
🔷 #ManCity | https://t.co/axa0klD5re pic.twitter.com/c87oXKtJDY
One week later, the 26-year-old made his second appearance coming in as a sub in the 75th minute in Swansea's 2-0 victory against Norwich. On Wednesday, Morris made his first start, but in the FA Cup to face Manchester City in the 5th round.
Morris was going to face his teammate in the USMNT Zack Steffen, who has been a regular starter for City in this tournament. The 26-year-old striker was unable to score against Steffen and was subbed off in the 66th minute. In the end, Manchester City defeated Swansea 3-1 to advance to the next round.
New English top-flight record
The 'Citizens' established a new record in their 5th round victory over Swansea. They have now won 15 straight games in all competitions and are the first English top-flight club to win that amount of matches on the bounce.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early