Sergiño Dest returned to the starting lineup for a second game in a row
The United States international was substituted in the 4-1 loss against PSG during the week and he returned to the starting lineup in the 1-1 draw against Cadíz.
After recovering from a muscular problem, Sergiño Dest played 18 minutes on matchday 23 of LaLiga last week in FC Barcelona’s 5-1 victory against Alavés. The next match for FC Barcelona was mid-week against PSG for the UEFA Champions League and the United States international returned to the starting lineup for the first leg of the round of 16.
Dest couldn’t control Kylian Mbappé and the manager Ronald Koeman decided to sub him out in the 71st minute. He was criticized for his performance and after the 4-1 loss against PSG, Koeman said that Dest will reach his top form in five years.
Barça had to turn the page quickly because on Sunday they had a league game against Cadíz and they needed the three points to close the gap with Atlético Madrid who is in first place. Dest returned to the starting XI for the second game in a row, but again he was substituted for Oscar Mingueza in the 80th minute.
Barcelona gave a penalty kick in stoppage time and Cadíz was able to equalize the game and rescue a vital point for them. This result doesn’t help Barça close the gap with Atlético Madrid and they remain in third place with 47 points and a record 14-5-4. According to SofaScore, the United States international made four key passes against Cadíz and completed 89 percent of the passes.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7