Mbappé's PSG future to be decided imminently - Leonardo
In an interview with Le Parisien, the PSG sporting director said talks with Kylian Mbappé and Neymar over new deals will be concluded soon.
Kylian Mbappé’s contract situation at Paris Saint-Germain will be brought to a conclusion “imminently,” according to the Ligue 1 club’s sporting director Leonardo. Asked about the France forward’s future amid interest from Real Madrid and Liverpool, Leonardo told Le Parisien that negotiations are ongoing and he is optimistic that a deal will be reached to keep the 22-year-old at the Parc des Princes beyond his current agreement, which expires in 2022.
“I have been surprised by some of the talk surrounding Mbappé,” Leonardo said. “He still has a full season [remaining on his contract]. His status at the club is more and more important and he is constantly shouldering more responsibilities. Then there is consistency and his career path to take into account. We have been talking to him for some time and the time to make a decision has arrived. We have also been talking with Neymar. We will reach an outcome imminently.”
Draxler, Di María and Bernat also in talks
The Brazilian also discussed Ángel di María and Juan Bernat, who are both out of contract in June, stating that PSG are trying to get both players to sign new deals to remain at the club. However, Leonardo admitted that Julian Draxler, whose deal also expires at the end of the season, is increasingly likely to leave despite being “an important player for the club.”
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher