REAL MADRID 1 - 1 REAL SOCIEDAD
Real Madrid boss Zidane rues missed chances against La Real
The French coach assessed the draw at home to Real Sociedad: "We had chances in the first half and we couldn't score. That's two points dropped at home."
Zinedine Zidane spoke after Real Madrid's 1-1 draw against Real Sociedad at the Estadio Alfredo Di Stéfano. Here are some of the key quotes from the post-match comments.
Real Madrid drop valuable points at home
General assessment of match: “We played well. We had chances in the first half and we couldn't score. It's two points dropped at home, but we couldn't get them because our opponents were very good.”
On the change of system: “I wasn't happy with the pressure. After 10-15 minutes we changed [system] again. The changes went well in the match.”
On if the change in system hurt them: “Maybe.”
On striking options: "We changed it up looking for another alternative. We had to adapt because after an hour the players were tired. Those who came on did well. We were looking to change the dynamic of the second half.”
On the team: "We're going to remain calm because in the end this can happen. Sometimes you win when you don't deserve to. Today we played well and it didn't go for us. The team created chances but in the end it’s two points dropped at home. That's football."
On the upcoming derby against Atlético: “This hasn't changed the way we’ll go about that game. We're playing the team in first place and will aim to play well again. There's still a long way to go”
Recommended in English
- Champions League 2021/2022 Champions League Round of 16: all qualified teams
- Champions League When is the 2021/2022 Champions League Round of 16 draw taking place?
- NBA | WARRIORS Steph Curry eyeing Ray Allen's three-point record against Portland
- NBA | LAKERS LeBron James defends Lakers coach Frank Vogel
- SOCCER Barcelona €15 million away from Man City forward Ferran Torres
- NFL Will Ryan Fitzpatrick play again for the Washington Football Team?