Late goal from Federico Viñas gives Club América the win against León
The Eagles defeated the Lions 2-1 on matchday 10 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament and climbed to first place ahead of Cruz Azul’s result against Pumas UNAM.
Club América defeated Club León 2-1 to win the three points on matchday 10 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament on Saturday at the Azteca stadium. With this result they climbed to first place in the table with 22 points, one more than Cruz Azul who will play tomorrow against Pumas UNAM.
The Eagles were shocked in the first minute of the game, when Victor Dávila scored the first goal to give León the early lead. But in the sixth minute, Mauro Lainez gave Henry Martín a perfect pass inside the box so the striker could find the back of the net and equalize.
Federico Viñas the hero
América had a hard time controlling the possession of the ball throughout the entire game, but León were unable to finish the offensive plays they generated. When it seemed that the game would end in a draw, Federico Viñas popped up in stoppage time to give the Eagles the victory and the three points.
The wonder boy it's back— Club América EN (@ClubAmerica_EN) March 7, 2021
AME 2-1 LEÓN pic.twitter.com/NZDlRfIbaO
This is a boost of confidence for the team managed by Santiago Solari because next week they have to go to Guadalajara to face Chivas. This is Mexico’s biggest football rivalry and it will be Solari’s first time managing a game of this magnitude in his short time in the Liga MX.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?