“Chicharito will not succeed with LA Galaxy” - Cuauhtémoc Blanco
Javier Hernández is getting ready to start his second year in Major League Soccer after having one of his worst seasons in his career with the Los Angeles Galaxy.
Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández disappointed in his first season with the Los Angeles Galaxy in 2020. In 12 appearances he only scored two goals and played a total of 758 minutes, coming off the bench in the majority of games. Injuries affected his performance in his first season in Major League Soccer, but he is hopeful that he can bounce back in his sophomore year.
"Chicharito will not succeed in MLS"
The Mexican international was brought in to score goals and help the team advance to the playoffs and eventually win the MLS Cup. But he has been criticized for his performances by many fans, journalists and former players. One of those critics is Mexican legend Cuauhtémoc Blanco who said Chicharito won’t succeed during his time with LA Galaxy.
“He is a great human being, I have a good relationship with him, but I said it in the past and I say it now. He will not succeed with the LA Galaxy because he doesn’t have the teammates he had in Real Madrid, Manchester United, Bayer Leverkusen or West Ham,” he said during an interview with TUDN.
“Chicharito depends on the team to score goals because he is a true No 9 striker. He can’t dribble past defenders and score goals. Chicharito needs players to give him the ball inside the box to score,” he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades