Points are shared between Chivas and Mazatlán
The team from Guadalajara were able to level the game late in the first half thanks to a goal from their captain Jesús Molina, but were unable to obtain the three points.
For the second game in a row, Chivas were unable to obtain the three points, after drawing with Mazatlán on matchday 10 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament. The team from Guadalajara fell behind early when Nicolás Díaz scored the first goal in the sixth minute. It was Chivas' captain who would level the game in the 34th minute.
Then minutes after, the visiting team wanted the lead before the first half ended. Chivas had a double chance: first Isaaz Brizuela fired a powerful shot that was deflected and then ‘JJ’ Macías let fly, but his shot was off-target.
As is usual for Guadalajara, they maintained the majority of the possession (64%), but they have been unable to cash in on the offensive opportunities they have generated since Victor Manuel Vucetich took over the manager's job last year.
With this result they climb up one position to ninth spot, with 12 points and a record of 2-6-2. Now Vucetich has to prepare to host Club América in Mexico’s biggest football rivalry and a win against them could change the mentality with seven games left of the regular season.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries
- US NEWS Director of photography killed by a prop gun on set of Alec Baldwin movie ‘Rust’
- NBA Eagles' Jason Kelce offers his opinion on Ben Simmons saga
- NBA 76ers' Ben Simmons fails to train after complaining of a 'tight back'