Argentina could call Messi up for friendly against Ecuador
CONMEBOL have suspended this month's World Cup qualifiers but the AFA are in talks to stage a friendly during the international break.
In spite of the travel restrictions in place due to the pandemic which have forced CONMEBOL to suspend this month's planned World Cup Qatar 2022 qualifiers, the Argentinean Football Association (AFA) are busy negotiating a friendly match against Ecuador for later this month which could affect the amount of rest Leo Messi was due to get during the break.
Risks of travelling during the pandemic
Diario AS understands that Barça are fully aware that the AFA are organising a friendly, although they don't know what decision Messi will take. Messi enjoys an excellent relationship with Argentina coach Lionel Scaloni which would suggest that a decision will be made which will suit all parties. During a key point in the season, and with the Copa América coming up in June, it's difficult to see Messi jetting off to play a friendly - especially when restrictions on travel are in place as well as the risk of catching Covid-19.
After the league games against Huesca and Real Sociedad, Barça will have a mini-break before their meeting with Valladolid on 4 April; immediately following that, they have El Clásico against Real Madrid and the Copa del Rey final against Athletic Club.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates