Olympic torch relay finishes its first day in Fukushima
A runner carrying the Olympic torch completed the first day of the relay in Fukushima, Japan, on Thursday, an event that was postponed for a year due to the pandemic.
A runner carrying the Olympic torch completed the first day of the relay in Fukushima, Japan, on Thursday, an event that was postponed for a year due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
"Hope lights our way"
With waves, smiles and high fives - but no cheers - the Olympic torch relay set off on Thursday, beginning a four-month countdown to the postponed 2020 Summer Games in Tokyo. Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee CEO Toshiro Muto said on Thursday that organisers were able to hold the Olympic torch relay while maintaining social distancing. He added that organisers will plan alternative events if regions where relays are planned announce states of emergency concerning the coronavirus pandemic.
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics will be the first Olympic and Paralympic Games held during a pandemic.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA