Yunus Musah earns his fourth cap for the USMNT
The Valencia player made his fourth appearance for the United States men’s national team so he can no longer play for another country.
The United States men’s national team defeated Northern Ireland 2-1 on Sunday in their second and last friendly of the March FIFA international break. Yunus Musah started the game and he made his fourth senior appearance, which means he is officially cap-tied to the USMNT.
Last month it was confirmed that the England national team wanted to persuade Musah to play for the ‘Three Lions,’ but it was the New York city native that said he wanted to play for the United States. So the USMNT used this international break to secure the 18-year-old, who played against Jamaica on 25 March and Northern Ireland on 27 March.
Berhalter is happy with Musah's decision
"I thought he was solid," said the coach of the USMNT, Gregg Berhalter. "Picture this, he hasn't played this position since last November with us and to put a performance like that in is commendable.
"I thought he did a very good job. I agree with what you're saying: he was a connector. Very, very simple but effective game tonight. He closed down space well. He just made everything look easy, and I think he had a very, very strong performance,” Berhalter said after the 4-1 victory against Jamaica.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos reaching contract crossroads
- SUPER LEAGUE Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus face sanctions as UEFA reaches deal with other Super League clubs
- NFL Why does Aaron Rodgers want to leave the Green Bay Packers, and what could be his next possible NFL team?
- Coronavirus US How many people have died from the covid vaccine in the US?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS When will SSI recipients receive the Golden State Stimulus?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Sinopharm vaccine: efficacy, dose, stock and differences with Pfizer, Sinovac, Moderna, Janssen...