Atlanta United first MLS team to receive the Covid-19 vaccine
The players from the first-team received their initial dosis of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine on Monday at the Mercedes-Benz stadium.
Atlanta United has played four exhibition matches ahead of the start of the 2021 CONCACAF Champions League. The ‘Five Stripe’ team will play on Tuesday 6 April L.D. Alajuelense at the Alejandro Moreta Soto stadium for the first leg of the round of 16. The second leg is scheduled for 13 April at the Mercedes-Benz stadium.
First dose of the coronavirus vaccine
Prior to making their trip to Costa Rica to face Alajuelense, Atlanta United’s first team players received their first dose of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine on Monday. The players were able to get vaccinated after the state announced that all age groups can get it now.
Getting ready to safely reunite with the 17s.— Atlanta United FC (@ATLUTD) March 30, 2021
Every #ATLUTD first team player was vaccinated today at the @MBStadium Community Vaccination Center, which has served as a vaccination site for more than 8️⃣5️⃣,0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ Georgians to date. pic.twitter.com/qV5nK4wA6H
Now that the first team players have received the first dose, they were scheduled to return in 21 days to get the second one. According to the Centers of Disease Control, this vaccine is 95 percent effective against Covid-19.
After their two-legged series against L.D. Alajuelense for the CONCACAF Champions League, Atlanta United will have to travel to Florida to face Orlando City at the Exploria stadium on 17 April for the 2021 Major League Soccer season opener.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?