Rahm welcomes first born son in lead up to the Masters
The first round of the Masters begins on Thursday, and John Rahm will be teeing off on Thursady after the timely arrival of his first born son.
World number three Jon Rahm has become a dad with his new son's arrival perfectly timed so he can take part in the Masters.
Rahm welcomes his first born son days before The Masters
The 26-year-old Spaniard's wife Kelley Cahill gave birth to son Kepa Cahill Rahm on Saturday, the five-time PGA Tour winner said in an Instagram post announcing the 7.2-pound (3.27 kg) 'big boy from the Basque Country.'
'Without a doubt the greatest day of my life!' wrote Rahm, adding that his wife was 'doing great and recovering.'
Fowler and Donald reach out to Rahm
The announcement prompted congratulations from fellow golfers, including American Rickie Fowler and former world number one Luke Donald.
'Enjoy the journey Jon. Congrats to all,' the 43-year-old Briton wrote in response to the post.
The timing ensured there would be no dramatic departure from the Augusta National course over the next week for Rahm, who previously pledged he would abandon the Masters tournament if his wife went into labour while he was playing.
Rahm warned those who were picking him to win The Masters
Last month he cautioned against picking him to win as she was originally due to give birth between April 10 and 12 - a period that includes the final two rounds of the tournament which starts on Thursday.
'Maybe think about it twice because there's a chance I have to just turn around and leave that week,' Rahm had said.
(Reporting by Amy Tennery;Editing by Ken Ferris)
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?