Carlos Vela scores in Los Angeles FC last preseason game
The 2019 Supporters Shield winners played their last exhibition match prior to the start of the 2021 Major League Soccer season and the Mexican international scored his first goal of the year.
Los Angeles FC wrapped up their preseason after equalizing 3-3 against New England Revolution on Saturday at the Banc of California stadium. Diego Rossi, Carlos Vela and Eddie Segura scored for the home team as they prepare for LAFCs 2021 Major League Soccer season opener on 17 April against Austin FC.
LAFC bounced back
The ‘Black and Gold’ were losing 2-0 in the first 10 minutes of the first half, but continued to pressure the visiting team and their effort paid off. In the 14th minute Diego Rossi would give LAFC a chance to come back. After the first 45 minutes both teams returned to their locker rooms, but the New England Revolution had the lead.
“Another competitive and very good game with New England. For us today it was a terrible start to the game and the Revolution stepped up to press and we were very slow. So we gave up two goals very quickly and you can’t start a game like that.
Some of the decision making in the back let us down. I thought we pushed back and talked a little during half time and overall I think we could’ve done a little bit better,” said LAFCs manager Bob Bradley after the game.
The second half started and the home team was quick to react thanks to the 2019 MVP. In the 58th minute Carlos Vela was assisted by Rossi and passed through several defenders to find the back of the net tying the score at 2-2. But New England took the lead once again just three minutes later.
Eddie Segura the hero
It was not until the 84th minute that LAFC were able to bounce back and Eddie Segura was able to equalize once again after his volley from the eight yards found the back of the net. This was the second match against New England during this preseason and in both games LAFC were able to come back and score a late goal to tie the game.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo