Simeone's problems mount as João Félix sprains ankle
The Portuguese forward sprained his ankle and will not be available against Eibar on Sunday. The club's medical staff hope to have him ready for Huesca.
João Félix will be out of action against Eibar on Sunday as Atlético Madrid aim to hold onto their lead at the top of the LaLiga. The Portuguese player suffered an ankle sprain and the club's medical staff hope that he will be able to play against Huesca on April 22. The forward was taken off against Betis after he damaged his ankle at the end of the opening 45.
Since joining Los Rojiblancos, he has had plenty of bad luck. João Félix did not play against Alavés due to an accumulation of yellow cards. He also missed the encounter with rivals Sevilla, due to injury, and against Betis he was only able to play for just over a half. Between one thing and another, the striker has hardly been able to get a consistent run in the team at the crucial final phase of the league season. Against Betis, he looked promising, combining with Correa and Carrasco to put Atlético ahead early on with a goal scored by the Belgian winger.
Atlético hoping for quick return
The forward had a great game in the Champions League against Chelsea, where he had several chances to score and was the team's best player on the night, receiving praise from Diego Simeone in his post-match press conference. But the international break with Portugal was where he got injured again. This season he has scored 10 goals and provided five assists for Atlético. The medical staff hope that his ankle problems are easing and that he will be able to play against Huesca. This would be excellent news for Simeone, who is also without his main No 9, Luis Suárez.
Simeone's problems are piling up, although he will recall Marcos Llorente and Kondogbia for the clash with Eibar.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win