When and where is the 2021 Champions League final played?
As we edge ever closer to the final of the 2020/21 Champions League, many fans are asking when it is and in which stadium UEFA's showpiece will be held.
After the quarter-final and semi-final draw for the 2020/21 Champions League was made in Nyon, our excitement levels started to rise. And now, with PSG and Chelsea having had confirmation of their opponents - Manchester City and Real Madrid respectively - we can now start to taste the showpiece final, arguably the biggest game in club football.
Champions League news:
2021 Champions League final in Istanbul
All the remaining clubs will be hoping to go all the way to the final which this year, will be played at the Atatürk Olympic Stadium in Instanbul, Turkey on Saturday 29 May at a time yet to be determined by UEFA. Recent finals, if they are any guide, have kicked off at 3pm ET (9pm CEST).
The Atatürk is the largest stadium in Turkey, with a capacity of 76,761 and has hosted the Champions League final once before – the memorable meeting between AC Milan and Liverpool on 25 May 2005 in which Rafa Benítez’s side roared back after going 0-3 down to clinch the match and the trophy on penalties.
The Atatürk had originally been designated to stage the 2019/20 final but in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic, UEFA decided to postpone all of the games corresponding to the latter stages of the tournament (quarter finals, semi-finals, final and some Last 16 return legs) which were played in Lisbon.
Last year’s final between PSG and Bayern Munich was played at Estádio da Luz, Lisbon instead of the Atatürk.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises