Mexican players could benefit from European Super League
Hirving Lozano, Andrés Guardado and Diego Laine could benefit from the creation of the European Super League as their respective teams would qualify directly to the UCL.
Not everyone is against the creation of the European Super League, because for certain teams they would benefit from it. With the 12 founding fathers having their own games in the middle of the week, they would automatically be excluded from the UEFA Champions League.
Andrés Guardado and Diego Lainez in Champions
This would open up more spots in the domestic leagues for teams to fight for a ticket to the UCL. For example, Real Betis in La Liga are currently in 6th place and if the season ended today, they would be playing the UEFA Europa League next season.
But since Real Madrid and Barcelona are members of the European Super League, then the team that Andrés Guardado and Diego Lainez play for would directly advance to the Champions League.
Hirving Lozano with a direct ticket to the UCL
Napoli are currently in fifth place in Serie A and if the league ended now they would be playing in the Europa League. But since Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan are expected to be part of the Super League, then the team that Hirving Lozano plays for would book a direct ticket to next years’ Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics are returning in Tokyo 2021?
- NFL NFL's new Covid protocol has Hopkins considering retirement
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: competition schedule: dates, times, events, sports
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING When did Michael Phelps retire? How many medals did he win?
- CORONAVIRUS How dangerous is the delta variant to children and young people?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?