Jesse Marsch on the radar of RB Leipzig and Tottenham for managerial job
The American coach is at the top of the list to replace Julian Nagelsmann as RB Leipzig's new manager for the 2021/2022 Bundesliga season.
Bayern Munich bosses announced on Tuesday that Julian Nagelsmann will be their new manager and he agreed to a five-year deal starting 1 July. The decision was made after current manager Hansi Flick informed the club that he didn’t want to continue beyond this season, so his contract will be terminated after the conclusion of this campaign.
Jesse Marsch in several teams radar
Now the Leipzig bosses are looking for a new manager to replace Nagelsmann next season and Jesse Marsch is set to fill the vacancy. The American is at the top of the list to arrive at Red Bull Arena and the other option for the bosses is current AFC Ajax boss Erik ten Hag, but he doesn’t speak fluent German.
Leipzig will have to make a decision quickly, because according to UK tabloid the Daily Star, Tottenham Hotspur are also interested in the American coach that started his career in Major League Soccer. Marsch has impressed several clubs in Europe for his work in Austria with Red Bull Salzburg.
The American manager has a 67% winning rate with Salzburg and has developed top players like Erling Haaland. He has also had great performances in the UEFA Champions League against the most powerful teams in Europe. And a couple of days ago, Marsch confirmed that he could return to Leipzig due to the relationship between both clubs.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59
- NFL Trey Lance bringing the best out of Jimmy Garoppolo at 49ers
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
- Tokyo Olympics Tokyo Olympics: Reaching the start line was a miracle – Johnson-Thompson explains injury fightback
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?