PSG cool on Messi move as Barcelona eye Neymar reunion
Leo Messi is reportedly nearing a decision to continue with Barcelona, despite interest from PSG, as Neymar is again on the Camp Nou's radar.
Will Leo Messi stay or leave? The superstar Barcelona captain is set to become a free agent, though the LaLiga giants are determined to re-sign Messi on a 10-year deal that would ensure he remains a one-club player, despite the possibility of a return to Newell's on day.
Paris Saint-Germain are interested but Messi could reportedly extend his Camp Nou career and Barça have not yet given up on the idea of reuniting the Argentinean with his former strike partner Neymar.
Messi close to Barcelona decision
Lionel Messi is closer to staying at Barcelona than joining Paris Saint-Germain, according to L'Equipe.
Messi's future has dominated headlines, with his contract due to expire at season's end amid interest from Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City.
Barca are keen to re-sign Messi, who is encouraged by the Copa del Rey triumph and Joan Laporta's plans, despite an offer from PSG.
Barcelona make PSG Neymar inquiry
- Barça have reached out to PSG regarding a possible reunion with Neymar, however, RAC1 says the Ligue 1 holders are not willing to sell the Brazilian superstar.
- Everton are plotting a bid for soon-to-be free agent and City star Sergio Agüero, reports the Daily Star. Aguero will leave the Etihad Stadium on a free transfer and the forward has been linked with Chelsea, Barcelona, Inter and Tottenham.
- Fabrizio Romano says Leicester City are working on a deal to sign Lille star Boubakary Soumaré, who has previously been linked with Manchester United, Tottenham, Inter and Napoli.
- The Sun claims Borussia Dortmund have joined United and PSG in the battle sign Brighton and Hove Albion defender Ben White.
- Sky Sport Italia claims Milan ultras met with star goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma and demanded he sits out the fixture against Serie A rivals Juventus if he does not renew his contract. Donnarumma is set to become a free agent and he is yet to re-sign amid reports he is in talks with Juve. The Italy international has also been linked with United, Chelsea and PSG.
- United are prepared to sell Paul Pogba if he does not commit to a new contract, according to The Sun. Juve and Real Madrid are reportedly eyeing the French star. It comes as The Sun also claims United are not willing to part ways with Donny van de Beek following a difficult first season at Old Trafford.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?