Inter's Achraf Hakimi: I guess Real Madrid have first refusal on me
Former Real Madrid full-back Achraf Hakimi spoke about Los Blancos after Inter Milan were crowned Serie A champions.
Inter Milan defender Achraf Hakimi said he would have loved to stay at Real Madrid after celebrating the Serie A title with the Nerazzurri, though he appeared to leave the door open to a possible return to the Bernabéu.
Hakimi joined Inter from Madrid at the start of the season for a reported fee of around 40 million euros, and on Sunday, the star full-back added a Scudetto to his collection.
Inter confirmed as Serie A champions after Atalanta held by Sassuolo
Inter were crowned Italian champions for the first time since 2009-10 after Atalanta's 1-1 draw with Sassuolo left the Nerazzurri 13 points clear and unable to be caught with four rounds remaining.
"I guess Real Madrid maybe have the right of first refusal for me"
Amid the celebrations in Milan, Hakimi spoke about Madrid, where the Morocco international emerged from the youth system in 2017 and made 17 appearances before spending two years on loan at Borussia Dortmund prior to the Inter switch.
"Real Madrid was my home," the 22-year-old, whose future has been discussed amid the financial situation at Inter caused by the coronavirus pandemic, told El Chiringuito. "I would've loved to stay there and fight for my place... but the club decided otherwise.
"I can't blame [head coach Zinedine] Zidane or the board. I guess Real Madrid maybe have the right of first refusal for me."
Seven goals, six assists for Hakimi in maiden Inter campaign
Hakimi has scored seven Serie A goals in his first season at Inter, while tallying six assists under Antonio Conte.
In 2020-21, Inter have matched their points (82) and clean sheets (14) totals for the whole of last season, when they finished a point behind Juventus.
Inter's triumph ended a run of nine consecutive Scudetti for Juventus, three of which were won by Conte when he was in charge of the Bianconeri from 2011 to 2014.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: is a new payment coming? Opt-out, eligibility, tax refund...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 31: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Simone Biles pulls out of vault and bars finals
- OLYMPIC GAMES Connor Fields suffered brain bleed in BMX crash, out of ICU
- OLYMPIC GAMES South Korea U23 vs Mexico U23 live online: scores, stats and updates | Olympic men's soccer