USMNT confirms friendly against Costa Rica in June
The United States men’s national team is ready to return to action and they will host Costa Rica on 9 June in Sandy, Utah in an exhibition match.
The U.S. Soccer Federation announced on Wednesday that the United States men’s national team will host Costa Rica on 9 June in a friendly game in preparation of the CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers. This exhibition match will be played in Sandy, Utah at the Rio Tinto Stadium, the home of the MLS team Real Salt Lake.
“Costa Rica is a competitive Concacaf team and we are looking forward to this opportunity,” USMNT head coach Gregg Berhalter said. “Combined with the ability to mimic the cadence of matches we will encounter in September and October, this is an important step in our preparation for the start of World Cup Qualifying.”
USMNT returns home
The last time the United States men’s national team hosted a game was during the 2019 FIFA window and for the game against the CONCACAF side around 10,000 fans will be able to attend the stadium. Ticket sales information will be available at a later date. The USMNT fans can also follow the game through the team's social media accounts (@USMNT) via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Prior to facing Costa Rica, the USMNT will play a friendly away match against Switzerland on 30 May. Then the United States men’s national team will face the CONCACAF Nations League Final Four between 3 -6 June.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | DAY 12 Tokyo Olympics: China lead as Japan and Great Britain climb
- TOKYO OLYMPICS De Grasse succeeds Bolt as McLaughlin breaks record
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Australia vs USA: times, TV and how to watch online
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL USA vs Australia: times, TV and how to watch online
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Marathon rules, distance and course at the Tokyo 2021 Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBAL How many Olympic medals does LeBron James have?