Paulinho set to follow Talisca out of Guangzhou FC
The ex-Barcelona midfielder is set to follow his teammate Anderson Talisca out of the Chinese Super League side.
Chinese reports confirmed that Paulinho is parting ways with Chinese Super League giants Guangzhou FC by the end of the current campaign, days after the club confirmed the departure of his countryman Anderson Talisca, who has been sold to Saudi pro league side Al Nassr for an announced €8 million transfer fee.
A close source to the former FC Barcelona midfielder revealed that the club's administration agreed on the player's departure.
"Paulinho will follow Talisca's move sooner or later, the club has already given the green light to his transfer, He is in talks with some Brazilian and European clubs, and either transfer or loan is possible," the source told Xinhua.
Chinese league continues to lose its stars
A few days ago Paulinho's fellow countryman Anderson Talisca's move to Al Nassr was announced and the player will join the Saudi outfit for three years as of next season.
Due to the covid-19 pandemic and its subsequent travel restrictions especially from Brazil into China, the Brazilian duo found difficulty joining the Chinese club's squad for this season, hence the series of Chinese Super Leagues losing their big names continuing as it started last year after the players' salary cap policy was adopted.
Guangzhou are currently fourth in the standings of the Super League Group A on seven points after four matchdays, whereas Shandong Taishan remain on top of the group’s table having earned 11 points.
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC UFC 266: Volkanovski's sweary outburst after brutal title defence over Ortega
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight? | TV, time and following games in NFL Week 3
- REAL MADRID Camavinga: "Playing at the 2022 World Cup is a goal for me"
- PSG PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals break record amid 15-game winning run
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?