Neymar sends herogram to Luis Suárez as Atlético win LaLiga: You deserve it!
Neymar was delighted for Luis Suárez as the Uruguayan striker landed the LaLiga title in his first season as an Atlético Madrid player.
Neymar was touched by the sight of Luis Suarez in tears after helping Atlético Madrid clinch the LaLiga title.
Their Barcelona bond remains, even though both have left Camp Nou, where alongside Lionel Messi they formed the famous 'MSN' strike trio.
On Sunday, Neymar was hoping to help Paris Saint-Germain win the Ligue 1 title, as they looked to overhaul leaders Lille on the final day.
But the Brazilian was also caught up in the drama of Saturday's finale to the Spanish LaLiga season, as Atlético pipped Real Madrid to glory.
Suárez, who made a painful exit from Barcelona last September, scored 21 goals in 32 league games as Atlético broke up the familiar Madrid-Barcelona duopoly.
His goals were worth a total of 22 points to Atleti, more than any other player in LaLiga this season.
The 33-year-old let his emotions flow after scoring the decisive goal in the final-day 2-1 win over Real Valladolid, breaking down at full-time while on a video call to his family.
It was that moment that tugged at the heartstrings of Neymar, who alongside a picture of the weeping striker wrote a message on his Instagram story: "Well done @luissuarez. I'm happy for you brother. You deserve it. You're a star."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59
- NFL Trey Lance bringing the best out of Jimmy Garoppolo at 49ers
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
- Tokyo Olympics Tokyo Olympics: Reaching the start line was a miracle – Johnson-Thompson explains injury fightback
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?