Lucas Zelayarán voted MLS Player of the Week
The Columbus SC star scored two late free kicks to give the Crew the victory and points against New York City FC in week 6 of the 2021 MLS regular season.
Columbus SC desperately needed the three points in week six of the 2021 Major League Soccer season. The current MLS Cup winners visited New York City FC at the Red Bull Arena, where the home team took the early lead thanks to Ismael Tajouri.
Free kick golazos from Zelarayán
Crew star, Lucas Zelarayán, would eventually go on to secure the away victory and the three points, with the former Tigres UANL player scoring a late brace with two clinical free kicks in the 82nd and 95th minute.
Thanks to Zelarayán, the Crew got its first on-the-road win in 15 months and broke a two-game losing streak. As a result of his late free kick heroics, Zelarayán was voted the MLS Player of the Week for week 6. The last time a Crew player won this award was Gyasi Zardes back in October 2018.
Lucas Zelarayán is the first player since the 2018 MLS regular season to score three direct free kick goals in a single campaign. Following the win, the Crew sit in eighth place of the Eastern Conference with eight points and a W-D-L record of 2-2-2.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente