The USMNT has one final test before facing Honduras
The United States men’s national team only has one team of preparation before facing Honduras in the semi-final of the CONCACAF Nations League tournament.
The coach of the United States men’s national team, Gregg Berhalter, has been clear that it is time for the ‘golden generation’ to step it up and start winning championships. The USMNT will only have one exhibition game before facing Honduras in the semi-final of the CONCACAF Nations League tournament scheduled for 3 June in Denver, Colorado.
The United States will face this Sunday Switzerland at the AFG Arena in St. Gallen. Berhalter won’t have his No 10, Christian Pulisic, or his starting goalkeeper, Zack Steffen, for this friendly game, but are expected to join the team in Denver prior to the game against the CONCACAF side.
Switzerland would be a competitive test for the USMNT
The U.S. men’s national team will play No 13-ranked Switzerland for the ninth time in their history. The USMNT has suffered when playing the European side because their W-D-L record is 1-3-4. The first time they played against each other, the Swiss defeated the United States 2-0 on 6 September 1978.
"We want to play a good game. We want to keep a high level over 90 minutes, even if we won't be 100% ready in every area. And, of course, it is important that we stay injury free," he the Swiss coach Vladimir Petkovic.
“The first goal was to get the team mentally and physically on the same level. So that we can now go further technically and tactically," he told reporters on Saturday ahead of the friendly against the U.S. in St Gallen.
Petkovic called 29 players for the exhibition game against the United States men’s national team, but has to cut the roster to 26-players early next month prior to the start of the 2020 Eurocup.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59
- NFL Trey Lance bringing the best out of Jimmy Garoppolo at 49ers
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
- Tokyo Olympics Tokyo Olympics: Reaching the start line was a miracle – Johnson-Thompson explains injury fightback
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?