Ancelotti added to Real Madrid list of coaching candidates
Everton coach Carlo Ancelotti is now Real Madrid's most favoured option to replace Zinedine Zidane, according to Cadena Ser reports.
SER claims that Ancelotti is now the most favoured option among the Madrid board, with his current club Everton reportedly already on the lookout for his replacement in case the Italian coach finally decides to return to Madrid, where he coached for two seasons from 2013 to 2015.
Following Zinedine Zidane’s departure, Massimiliano Allegri was the club’s number one option to replace the French coach. However with Allegri snubbing Madrid for a return to Juventus, the club’s bosses were forced to make a list of other suitable candidates, which has so far included Antonio Conte, Mauricio Pochettino, Raúl, Xabi Alonso and now Ancelotti.
The Italian coach got off to a great start with Everton this season with the Toffees establishing themselves as early title contenders. However, the Merseyside club eventually finished in a disappointing 10th place.
Ancelotti’s time at Real Madrid
Carlo Ancelotti left Madrid in the summer of 2015 after failing to win an important trophy in his second season and having lost the confidence of the board.
That season he won the European Super Cup and the Club World Cup, both titles coming after the Italian coach led the team to the Copa del Rey and Champions League titles in 2013-14.
Before his abrupt dismissal in June 2015, Ancelotti boasted a remarkable 75% win rate, with 89 victories, 14 draws and 16 defeats in 119 games as Madrid coach.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7