Daryl Dike to return to Orlando City SC
The United States striker’s loan with Barnsley FC has ended and the Championship side didn’t exercise their option to buy.
Daryl Dike had a breakout season during his four-month loan spell with Barnsley FC in the Championship. The United States striker made 19 league appearances and scored nine goals, winning several awards like March Player of the Month.
Unfortunately the Tykes failed to book a spot for the 2021/22 Premier League season and the bosses have decided not to exercise their option to buy the striker. Now Dike is set to return to Orlando City SC, where he will await other offers during the summer transfer window.
The MLS side has put a price tag of $20 million on Dike and earlier this year it was reported that Everton and Chelsea were keen on signing him for next season. The 20-year-old has joined the United States men’s national team during the international break of June and he is expected to return to Orlando City at the end of the Gold Cup tournament.
“We understand that players, especially in that age, have this desire to go to Europe and play for top-tier leagues,” Orlando CEO Alex Leitao said in May. “I think Daryl has that opportunity, he proved himself to have the opportunity and we will help him to accomplish his potential and his desire.”
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win