Foden world's most expensive player as England trio make up top three; Mbappé 12th
Phil Foden leads the CIES Football Observatory ranking, followed by Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford in second and third, respectively. Kylian Mbappé comes in 12th.
Manchester City's English striker Phil Foden is now the most expensive player in the world, according to the CIES Football Observatory's latest valuations.
The CIES, which has published its latest price ranking of the footballers from Europe’s five big leagues, has valued Foden, who was named the PFA Young Player of the Year last weekend, at €190.2 million.
In its statistical model to determine player valuations, the CIES takes a number of variables into account, including the player’s age, duration of contract, career progression, club and international performances, and club status (both on a sporting and financial level), as well as inflation.
Foden followed by Greenwood and Rashford
Manchester United's Mason Greenwood (€178 million) occupies second place followed by his teammate, Marcus Rashford (€159.1 million), in third. In fourth place is Borussia Dortmund's Norwegian striker Erling Haaland (€155.5 million), followed by Manchester United’s Portuguese midfielder Bruno Fernandes (€154.3 million), who is fifth on the list
LaLiga has three representatives in the top 10: Barcelona’s Dutch midfielder Frenkie de Jong (€138.7 million) in sixth place; Spaniard Pedri González, also of Barcelona, (€133.2 million) in seventh; and Portuguese forward, João Félix (€127.8 million) of Atlético Madrid, who occupies ninth position behind Bayern Munich and Canada’s Alphonso Davies (€131.6 million) in eighth.
Champions League winner, Mason Mount (€123.6 million) of Chelsea and England completes the top 10, while French star Kylian Mbappé (€118.3 million) is in 12th position. Mbappé’s low ranking can be mainly attributed to the fact that he has just one year left in his contract with PSG.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- MLB trade deadline Yankees get Rizzo from Cubs, Schwarber to Red Sox
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 30: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- Tokyo Olympics: Fraser-Pryce dazzles but Ta Lou sets the standard in stunning women's sprint heats
- NBA Wizards reportedly trade Westbrook to LA Lakers in draft-night blockbuster