Euro 2020: Spain confirm no new coronavirus cases
Sergio Busquets and Diego Llorente have both contracted covid-19 in recent days, but no other members of the Spain squad have tested positive.
No further Spain players or coaching staff tested positive for the coronavirus on Wednesday, following a recent outbreak in their camp.
Spain's Busquets and Llorente have tested positive in recent days
Defender Diego Llorente tested positive on Tuesday and was put into isolation, two days after Sergio Busquets was confirmed to have contracted the virus.
Spain suspended all training activity and fielded their Under-21s for Tuesday's final pre-Euro 2020 friendly with Lithuania, which they won 4-0 in Leganés.
Luis Enrique has created a parallel training bubble made up of standby players, including Rodrigo Moreno, Pablo Fornals, Carlos Soler, Brais Méndez, Raúl Albiol, Kepa Arrizabalaga and 11 of their Under-21s squad.
Wednesday's covid-19 tests all come back negative
There had been fears the virus could spiral out of control, but all other members of the squad and coaching staff – plus those in the parallel bubble – came back negative in the latest round of tests.
The Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) confirmed the news in a statement on its official website, with further tests to be conducted in the coming days.
Ejercicios individuales por postas.— Selección Española de Fútbol (@SeFutbol) June 9, 2021
Trabajo específico con los porteros.
¡Así ha sido la 2ª sesión de los futbolistas que integran la burbuja paralela de la @SeFutbol ! #SomosEspaña #EURO2020 pic.twitter.com/4cCjr9qO91
Spain's Euros kick off against Sweden
Spain begin their Euro 2020 campaign against Sweden in Seville on Monday, before facing Poland and Slovakia in their other two Group E fixtures.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history