Galatasaray blocks Mostafa Mohamed from Tokyo 2020
Mostafa Mohamed won't be available for Egypt in Tokyo this summer as his side will be participating in UEFA Champions League qualifiers.
Media reports in Turkey confirmed on Wednesday that Galatasaray refused the Egyptian Football Association's request to include striker Mostafa Mohamed in Egypt's squad for the Olympic Games in Tokyo this summer, as the Turkish giants will be involved in qualifying fixtures for the UEFA Champions League at the same time.
Shawki Ghareeb needs to find a replacement for Mohamed
According to CNN Türk Galatasaray are deternined to retain the prolific striker, which means Egypt's U23 national team technical staff, headed by Shawki Ghareeb, will have to call up a replacement.
Galatasaray are set to play in the second preliminary round of UEFA Champions League qualification with their first game scheduled for 20 or 21 Jun,e while the return legs of this round will be played on 27 and 28 June.
In they progress, they will participate in the third qualifying round with another two-legged fixture in August.
Mohamed joined Galatasaray on a year-and-half loan deal from Zamalek with the Turkish club's administration now determined to land the player permanently using a purchase clause in his contract that can be triggered before December.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys