USMNT: Yunus Musah could miss the Gold Cup
The American midfielder could miss the 2020 CONCACAF Gold Cup because he is expected to report for duty with his club Valencia on 5 July.
Yunus Musah returned to the starting XI in the United States' 4-0 victory against Costa Rica in their last warm-up game prior to the start of the 2020 CONCACAF Gold Cup. The 18-year-old missed the Nations League final against Mexico due to a minor injury, but has since fully recovered and enjoyed good performances in the USMNT’s next two friendly games.
Valencia wants Musah back
Musah is an important midfielder for the United States coach Gregg Berhalter will be one of the players to watch in next month's Gold Cup. He was looking forward to participating in his first international tournament with the USMNT, but could be left out of the final 23-player roster.
According to Plazadeportiva.com, Valencia wants Yunus Musah to report for training on 5 July ahead of the start of the 2021/22 LaLiga season. If he has to fly back to Spain, he would be forced to miss the Gold Cup which gets underway on 11 July.
Musah has several offers on the table to switch teams during the summer transfer window, but the Valencia boss, José Bordalás, wants to evaluate the American during the pre-season and make a decision about his future. The USMNT is trying to retain the 18-year-old, but a decision will be reached in the next few days.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes