Real Madrid have another 'Ramos case' impending with Varane
The club are not prepared to offer the player an improved deal and are willing to sell. As yet, the defender has still to decide on a future direction.
After it was confirmed that Sergio Ramos is set to depart Real Madrid, the club have another 'hot potato' to deal with in French defender Varane. Reports emerging in Cadena Ser radio claim that the club are prepared to let the player go given that he has failed to accept the contract renewal conditions that have been presented before him. The French international is involved in the ongoing European Championships and apparently has not decided on future plans.
The former Lens player's current deal runs out in the summer of 2022 and both player and his agent have declined to sit down with the club and conduct a negotiation process. Varane's representative is keen to secure a significant pay-day type deal as the player approaches his 30s.
60 million euro incoming?
Cadena SER maintain that Real Madrid have already offered the player a revised contract and are now contemplating making a sale this summer should offers materialise with the club anxious to improve their cash-flow with sights still set on bringing in a big name striker and are anticipating securing 60 million euro for the Frenchman's signature.
Both Manchester United and PSG are rumored to be two potential destinations for the center back with the club aware that his lack of desire in signing the proposed renewed deal shows a lack of interest in playing for the club.
The Spanish club have both scenarios covered with the likes of Alaba, Militao, Nacho and Vallejo available to cover the Frenchman's position and adding the name of Varane to the first team squad for a final season is also not regarded as an issue for the Bernabéu side.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59
- NFL Trey Lance bringing the best out of Jimmy Garoppolo at 49ers
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
- Tokyo Olympics Tokyo Olympics: Reaching the start line was a miracle – Johnson-Thompson explains injury fightback
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?