Euro 2020 semi-finals: bracket, schedules, games and when they are played
The semi-finals of the 2020 UEFA European Championship get underway at Wembley on Tuesday 6 July 2021.
With the quarter final matches done and dusted, Euro 2020 has come down to the last four, as Spain, Italy, Denmark and England all vie for the coveted title.
Spain did not make things easy for themselves against Switzerland and after the game finished 1-1 after extra time, La Roja had goalkeeper Unai Simon to thank for his penalty-shootout heroics, which ensured their place in the semi-finals
Italy had looked to have met their match in Belgium but were superior in the 2-1 win, with goals coming from Nicolo Barella and a wonder strike from Lorenz Isigne. The Italians are now undeafeted in 32 games and will take some beating. For many they are now the favourites to lift the trophy.
Denmark looked to be out of the tournament after losing their first two games, but now find themselves in their first semi-final since the year they won the title in 1992, after a 2-1 win over Czech Republic, who kept the Danes on their toes until the end.
England set new clean sheet record
England have also endured a 20-plus-year wait for another semi-final appearance. The Three Lions had by far the most comfortable passage to the semi-final following their 4-0 rout of Ukraine, where Harry Kane scored twice.
Out of the four teams in the semi-finals, only England have never won the Euro title before but perhaps have their best chance with this strong group of players and home advantage for the semi-final and the final should they make it. With the 4-0 win over Ukraine, the Three Lions stretched their run of clean sheets at Euro 2020 to five, which is a new all-time record for the tournament.
Euro 2020: quarter-final results
- Switzerland 1-1 Spain (Spain win 3-1 on penalty shootout)
Euro 2020 semi-finals begin on Tuesday
After a two-day tournament break, the Euro 2020 semi-finals will take place on Tuesday 6 and Wednesday 7 July, with both games to be played at Wembley Stadium in London, England.
Euro 2020 knockout-stage bracket:
Euro 2020 semi-final schedule
Tuesday 6 July
- Italy vs Spain (9pm CEST/3pm EDT, London)
Saturday 3 July
- England vs Denmark (9pm CEST/3pm EDT, London)
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?