Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss FC Dallas game due to calf injury
The Los Angeles Galaxy boss Greg Vanney said on Tuesday that the Mexican international has not recovered fully from his calf injury suffered on Sunday.
On Sunday the Los Angeles Galaxy lost 2-0 to Sporting Kansas City during week 11 of the 2021 MLS regular season. Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández was not able to play in that game because he suffered a calf injury during the warm-up and Ethan Zubak replaced him in the starting XI.
On Monday, ‘Chicharito’ underwent a medical examination to examine the severity of his injury and the results were not what the LA Galaxy boss, Greg Vanney, had expected. The Mexican international will probably miss the game against FC Dallas on Wednesday at the Dignity Health Sports Park, according to Vanney.
Greg Vanney in a nutshell #LAGalaxy: No #Chicharito vs #FCDallas. Depending on severity of calf injury, no weekend game vs #Whitecaps on Saturday. Also, Gareth Bale rumor is nonsense as expected.— The LA Vox (@TheLaVox) July 6, 2021
Us: Don't expect Sega back tomorrow. Steres, Acosta vs #Vancouver and #CH14 v #RSL
“Timeline, I am 100 percent sure when he [Javier Hernández] will be back, but ‘Chicharito’ will probably not be available for tomorrow’s game. His injury is not too serious, but last year he had some issues with his calf, but he should be back pretty quickly,” said LA Galaxy manager Greg Vanney.
The Galaxy will have to try to find the back of the net without their star striker, who has scored 10 goals in 10 games this season. It is expected that Hernández will return for the road game against Vancouver on 17 July.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery