Italy's Bonucci bites back at England fans for Euro final pasta chants
The Italian centre-back posted a photo of himself and Chiellini with a barbed comment that may have a bitter taste in response to the chants of some English fans.
The 2021 European Championship final, which saw Italy deservedly overcome England on penalties to lift the trophy, continues to have people talking.
Euro 2021 news:
Bonucci hints at England fans' pasta chants
The latest angle is from a seemingly innocent photo posted by Italy’s Leonardo Bonucci on Instagram, in which he is seen eating a plate of pasta with defensive partner Giorgio Chiellini. Nothing apparently eye-catching, but there is a story behind it, made even clearer thanks to the accompanying comment: "We're still eating pasta? And you?”
The Juventus centre-back's words refer to the chants the Italy players heard during the warm-up before the England game at Wembley, when a large section of the home fans sang: ‘You can shove your f’ing pasta up your arse’.
Bonucci had already provoked the ire of England fans when he appropriated one of their best-known songs, ‘Three Lions’, turning the famous chorus ‘It's coming home’ into ‘It's coming to Rome’.
This latest round of ‘banter’ will surely go down well with the England fans who have a reputation for good behaviour when it comes to sporting losses. What?!
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant