Tottenham eyeing USMNT striker Matthew Hoppe
The 20-year-old striker is currently participating with the USMNT in the 2021 Gold Cup. Spurs are keen on signing him during the summer transfer window.
Matthew Hoppe had a breakout season with Schalke 04 during the 2020/21 campaign in his first year as a professional soccer player. The United States men’s national team striker bagged six goals in 22 Bundesliga games last season, but unfortunately he couldn’t help his team from getting relegated.
Tottenham keen on Hoppe
According to 90min, newly appointed Tottenham manager Nuno Espírito Santo has requested that the club signs Matthew Hoppe for the new season. The USMNT striker signed a contract extension with Schalke and the Bundesliga side could receive a good fee if the transfer goes through.
Enjoying every moment 🇺🇸 pic.twitter.com/sdPwok5Pvg— Miles Robinson (@_milesrobinson_) July 16, 2021
It is now known how much the Royal Blues are asking for Matthew Hoppe, but according to transfermarkt, Tottenham would have to pay $4.95 million if they want to sign him this summer. The Premier League side is looking for a replacement for Harry Kane in case he decides to leave this summer and the American prodigy could take his place.
Another option candidate that Tottenham have in mind is Haris Seferovic. Currently the 20-year-old striker is participating with the USMNT at the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Hoppe has made one appearance as a starter in the United States 6-1 win against Martinique for matchday 2 of the Group B. The young American striker gave one assist and he was replaced by Nicholas Giioacchini in the 58th minute.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest