Carlos Vela makes second MLS Team of the Week appearance
The Los Angeles Football Club captain scored a late winner with his left foot to beat Real Salt Lake keeper David Ochoa to give his team the three points.
Carlos Vela was included in the MLS Team of the Week 13 after scoring his second goal of the 2021 Major League Soccer season on Saturday night at the Banc of California stadium. His teammate Kim Moon-Hwan gave him the assist and the right-back was also included in the starting XI squad.
This is his second appearance this campaign and he gave the Los Angeles FC the victory and all three points in a 2-1 win against Real Salt Lake. The Mexican international has not scored a lot of goals this season after missing several games due to an injury, but since coming back he has provided four assists in 10 appearances.
What is next for LAFC?
The ‘Black & Gold’ had a rocky start to the 2021 Major League Soccer season, but they are bouncing back and have won their last three games. Currently, they are in fifth place on 21 points with a record of 6W-3D-4L.
They have a short week ahead of them because they have to travel to Portland to face the Timbers on 21 July and three days later they have to host the Vancouver Whitecaps at the Banc of California stadium. Then on 28 July they will have another home game against Minnesota United.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers