How to rewatch the Tokyo Olympics 2020 opening ceremony
The grand opening of this year's games was broadcast on NBC at 6:55 a.m. Eastern time and 3:55 a.m. Pacific time, making it difficult to watch live. Find out how to replay it here.
The postponed games of the 37th Olympiad were formally opened yesterday, officially beginning two weeks of sporting action.
Due to the extreme time difference between Tokyo and the US only the most dedicated of sports fans could watch the performance live.
If you are trying to watch it online there are clips from twitter but currently there is no way to watch the whole ceremony without a signup. Clips can be found on the NBC website here.
And it is not easy to find a place to rewatch the ceremony in the US. NBC has the rights to the games so you must first create an account on their streaming platform Peacock. It is yet to be posted on youtube officially.
The complete ceremony is streamable on NBC's Peacock streaming service (on any of the premium plans) and is currently the cheapest place to rewatch it in the US.
You can see our live coverage from the opening ceremony here.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?