Tokyo Olympics: When does Team USA Gymnastics and Simone Biles compete? dates and times
After tense qualifiers put team USA gymnastics in 2nd place, Simone Biles, Chiles, Lee, and McCallum will need to out-perform team ROC in the women’s finals.
24-year-old Simone Biles hasn’t lost an all-around competition since she made her senior debut in 2013. The Tokyo Olympic Games gives her the chance not only to carry on going undefeated, but to become the oldest American woman to win the all-round Olympic gold.
However, Biles has been met with more competition than in previous years. At the qualifying round, the Russian Olympic Committee out-performed. In fact, team USA has been kicked out of the first place spot. Team USA gymnastics has a wonderful opportunity to redeem themselves in the women’s finals.
The Russian Olympic Committee finished in first place with a score of 171.629, and Team USA finished with a score of 170.562.
High-performance director, Tom Forster, gave some positive remarks, “This was getting into the finals. So this might be a great awakening for us and we’ll take advantage of it.”
"I just feel like God called me, I felt I had a purpose, and it’s going to be a voice for the younger generation."Simone Biles
Biles: Greatest of All Time (aka GOAT)
Having been training for 17 years, Biles has achieved 30 World and Olympic medals, a record seven American all-round titles and record five world championship all-around titles, making her the greatest American gymnast of all time, and the third-most decorated in history behind Vitaly Scherbo (33) and Larisa Latynina (32). This is at stake at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics.
The young American also has the opportunity to become the first woman to win back-to-back Olympic all-around titles since Vera Caslavsk in 1968.
Just four medals separate her from being the unquestioned GOAT, and Biles, for whom it is often said, performs such complicated moves that she “only competes with herself." Biles is determined to stamp her name in history once more.
Biles’ debute in 2016 Rio Olympics
At the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, she won four gold medals out of five and one bronze.
This is impressive taking into account that she became the first US female to win four gold medals at a single Olympics. Biles was also the first gymnast to win three consecutive all-around titles.
Tokyo 2021 schedule
Watch the women’s team USA at the Olympics: times and dates to watch live
- Tuesday, July 27th, Women’s Gymnastics Team Final, 6:00 AM - 11:00 AM (ET)
- Thursday, July 29th, Women’s All-Around, 6:00 AM - 11:00 AM (ET)
- Sunday, August 1st, Event Finals - Vault and Uneven Bars, 4:00 AM - 11:00 AM (ET)
- Monday, August 2nd, Event Finals- Floor Exercise, 4:00 AM - 11:00 AM (ET)
- Tuesday, August 3rd, Event Finals- Balance Beam, 4:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Watch the women’s team USA at the Olympics: times and dates to watch the prerecorded events on TV
- Tuesday, July 27th, Women’s Gymnastics Team Final, 8:00 PM to 12:00 AM (ET) on NBC
- Thursday, July 29th, Women’s All-Around, 8:00 PM - 11:30 PM (ET) on NBC
- Sunday, August 1st, Event Finals- uneven bars, vault, 9:00 PM - 11:30 PM (ET) on NBC
- Monday, August 2nd, Event Finals- Floor Exercise, 8:00 PM - 11:30 PM (ET) on NBC
- Tuesday, August 3rd, Event Finals- Balance Beam, 8:00 PM - 11:30 PM (ET) on NBC
AS English will is providing live coverage of the gymnastics events and all other major events.
Women's Gymnastics July
Biles will be competing with four other Team USA gymnasts: Jordan Chiles, Sunisa Lee, Jade Carey and Grace McCallum.
Some disappointing news came at the qualifiers as MyKala Skinner surprisingly did not qualify for any of the event finals. She has completed her career in gymnastics with humility and pride.
Heart broken💔 but feeling sooo humbled and blessed for the amazing performance I had tonight! You have all brought me to tears thanks for being my biggest cheerleaders! Love u all😘 xoxo myk— MyKayla Skinner (Harmer) (@mykaylaskinner) July 25, 2021
If Team USA wins gold at the women’s team finals, they will win their third-straight gold medal. This is an achievement not seen since the Soviet Union won eight straight gold’s in 1980.
The women's all-around final takes place on July 29th, where Biles is also the unquestioned favorite.
Biles will compete in the finals for the following events:
Don’t underestimate Biles. Although she did not compete at the level she hoped in the qualifiers, she has successfully qualified for each gymnastics event.
- Uneven bars
- Floor exercise
- Balance beam
Women's Gymnastics August
Apparatus finals take place in August, which will most-likely be the record-breaking month. The first day of apparatus finals take place on 1 August, where Biles will compete in the vault final, having her first chance to tie Sherbo's overall record.
Finals day two, which includes the women's floor exercise, will be on August 2nd. Used to stunning everyone with the hardest floor routine exercises, the young American owns five World titles and has two skills named after her in this event. If everything goes as it's expected, Biles will have the greatest opportunity of her career, achieving her 34th medal, breaking Scherbo's record of 33 and crowning herself as the most-decorated gymnast in history. The greatest of all time.
The final day of apparatus which marks the end of the artistic gymnastic competition at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games will be on August 3rd. After taking Bronze on the balance beam in Rio de Janeiro, Biles is seeking redemption here. She could also have the opportunity of winning another gold medal, setting her overall at 35.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries
- US NEWS Director of photography killed by a prop gun on set of Alec Baldwin movie ‘Rust’
- NBA Eagles' Jason Kelce offers his opinion on Ben Simmons saga
- NBA 76ers' Ben Simmons fails to train after complaining of a 'tight back'