Mexico to battle for bronze in Olympic softball
The Mexico women's softball team defeated Italy 4-1 in the final game of the round-robin and now they will fight for the bronze medal against Canada.
The Mexican softball Olympic team bounced back after losing their first three games of the tournament. In their debut they lost 4-0 to Canada, then 3-2 to Japan and on Sunday 2-0 against the United States.
Mexico in search for the bronze medal
But Mexico were determined to secure their first Olympic softball win and were focused on doing so in their next match against Italy. Sydney Romero, who hit her first Olympic home run against the European side, and Nicole Mendes were on point at the plate to give Mexico a 5-0 win against Italy on Sunday.
There was little time to celebrate Mexico’s first ever win at the softball Olympic tournament because this Monday they had to defeat Australia in the final game of the round-robin. The Mexican team came, saw and conquered with a dominant performance against the European side.
¡Van por Medalla!— Comité Olímpico MEX (@COM_Mexico) July 26, 2021
México se impuso 4-1 a Australia y esta noche (23:00 h tiempo de la CDMX) jugará contra Canadá el partido por el bronce, en el torneo de softbol de los #JuegosOlimpicos #Tokyo2020 #VoyXMexEnTokyo pic.twitter.com/hNWy7dqNfY
Mexico defeated Australia 4-1 and they are going to face Canada in the bronze medal game on Tuesday at the Tokyo Olympics. While Japan and the United States, both teams with a record of 4W-0L, will play again in the gold medal game on Tuesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother