Which athletes have won the most Olympic medals in Tokyo 2020?
American athletes Caeleb Dressel, Katie Ledecky, and Sunisa Lee had historic performances at the Tokyo Olympics and are bringing home a handful of medals.
The 24-year-old has lived up to the hype. Caeleb Dressel has earned himself 5 medals at the Tokyo Olympics and has earned himself the spotlight in the United States.
Which events did Caeleb Dressel win gold
- 50-meter freestyle
- 100-meter freestyle
- 100-meter butterfly
- 4X100 Freestyle Relay
- 4X100 Medley Race
Not only did the arguably the world’s best swimmer win gold in several events, he also broke two world records. Dressel is only the third American swimmer to win 3 gold medals in individual events, alongside Michael Phelps and Mark Spitz.
Katie Ledecky competed in her first Olympics in London in 2012 at just 15 years old. Ledecky went on to win 4 Olympic medals at the Tokyo Olympics. She won gold in the Women’s 1500-meter freestyle, setting yet another world record. The talented swimmer finished the race in 5:13.76.
Which events did Katie Ledecky win medals for at the Tokyo Olympics
- Gold medal in the 1500-meter freestyle
- Gold medal in the 800-meter freestyle
- Silver medal in 400-m freestyle
- Silver Medal in the 4X200-meter freestyle relay.
Sunisa Lee surprised the world with her skills and talent at the Tokyo Olympics on team USA Gymnastics. When Simone Biles stepped down to prioritize her mental health, Sunisa Lee filled in and earned three Olympic Medals.
Which medals did Sunisa win
Lee’s next step is college. The gold-medal athlete has committed to Auburn University in Alabama.
- Gold medal in the women’s all-around
- Silver medal in the team competition
- Bronze medal on the uneven bars
Ragen Smith, Lilly King, and Ryan Murphy also won three Olympic medals in Tokyo.
Suni Lee finally got to share her Olympic gold medal with her father! 🥇 pic.twitter.com/N8viyfCXI5— TODAY (@TODAYshow) August 5, 2021
Although Allyson has only won one Olympic medal in Tokyo, she has earned herself her 10th Olympic medal ever. Allyson Felix now has more medals than any female track athlete. Felix won the bronze medal in the women’s 400-meter race.
Track star, Carl Lewis, first set the record for 10 medals at the Olympic Games. He applauded her achievement on Twitter.
Felix has competed in every Olympics since the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, and has the accolades to show for it.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass