Real Madrid youngster Kubo returns to Mallorca on loan
Takefusa Kubo has joined Mallorca on loan from Real Madrid, reuniting with the club which he enjoyed his best campaign with during 2019-20.
Real Madrid prospect Takefusa Kubo has re-joined Real Mallorca on a season-long loan.
Kubo moved to Madrid on a five-year deal in 2019 before being loaned out in the last two seasons and his most recent temporary switch takes him back to Mallorca.
The 20-year-old played for Mallorca in 2019-20, appearing 35 times in LaLiga, though he could not help the club avoid relegation.
He ranked third in Mallorca's squad for chances created (35) and first for successful dribbles (64), netting four times.
Real Sociedad were reportedly interested but Kubo, who appeared for Japan at the Tokyo Olympics, settled for a return to newly-promoted Mallorca ahead of the 2021-22 season.
WELCOME BACK, TAKE!— RCD Mallorca UK (@RCDMallorcaUK) August 11, 2021
We are delighted to announce the re-signing of midfielder Takefusa Kubo on loan from Real Madrid until June 2022.
The 20-year-old was previously on loan at the Visit Mallorca Estadi during our 2019/20 La Liga campaign.
Kubo hopes for mor minutes at Mallorca
Kubo spent last season with Villarreal and Getafe.
He played just 291 minutes at Villarreal but managed eight starts and 802 minutes with Getafe – a more productive spell that he will want to develop upon with Mallorca.
A short club statement on Madrid's official website announced the deal and said: "Real Madrid C. F. and R. C. D. Mallorca have reached an agreement for a season-long loan for Takefusa Kubo, until 30 June 2022."
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?