How Saúl can join Chelsea from Atlético Madrid
Chelsea are best placed to sign the Atlético Madrid midfielder, but they must first sell other players first.
Atlético Madrid continue to work on the possible departure of Saúl Ñíguez and, as of today, the best placed to sign the Spaniard seems to be Thomas Tuchel's Chelsea. The European champions, however, will first have to lighten their squad, in midfield in particular, to close a deal that, according to reports in England, would be a loan with an option to buy.
Chelsea's efforts are currently focused on closing the deal for Sevilla defender Jules Koundé. In order to sign the Frenchman, they need to close the transfer of Kurt Zouma to West Ham first. Tuchel believes that he can still add to a midfield that had a fantastic end to the season last season. Saúl would join an impressive midfield trio of Kovacic, Kanté and Jorginho.
Chelsea have to allow players depart
Before that, however, Chelsea, who have already allowed Gilmour to join Norwich on loan to further his development, will have to get rid of Bakayoko, who has already agreed to cut his salary to go back on loan to Milan, and Zappacosta, who will leave for Atalanta. The departures of Barkley and Drinkwater, while necessary, look more complicated, but the Stamford Bridge outfit will be looking to move them on before the end of the window.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game
- MEDICARE Does Medicare cover hearing aids or eye exams?
- US LOTTERY How is Powerball paid out?
- NFL Ravens' QB Lamar Jackson passes Dan Marino to set new record
- NFL Player ratings for the Cardinals vs Browns game | NFL Week 6
- MLB Dodgers vs Braves: times, TV channel, radio and how to watch Game 2 online tonight