Emerson Royal moves from Barcelona to Tottenham
After an impressive spell at Seville side Real Betis, full-back Emerson Royal has secured a move from Barcelona to Tottenham Hotspur.
Emerson Royal has completed his move from Barcelona to Tottenham, joining the Premier League club on a deal that runs until 2026.
The full-back arrives to strengthen Spurs’ squad in a deal worth £21.5million (€25m), according to the selling club.
Emerson leaves after just three appearances for Barça
Emerson will provide competition for Japhet Tanganga and Matt Doherty on the right side of the Tottenham defence, with Serge Aurier seemingly falling out of favour under Nuno Espirito Santo.
The Brazil international departs Camp Nou having made just three appearances since Barça exercised the option to bring in the player from Real Betis, where he had spent the past two-and-a-half years.
Emerson moved to Spain in a three-way deal in January 2019, both Betis and Barça each paying half of the €12m fee owed to Atletico Mineiro.
The 22-year-old scored four goals during his LaLiga appearances, also assisting once as he played the most minutes of any Betis player across all competitions in the 2020-21 season (3,186).
Success at Betis
He moves to England as a well-rounded defender, ranking second at Betis for recoveries (163), third for chances created from open play (30) and second for successful duels (246).
It was confirmed by Spurs that the deal is subject to international clearance and a work permit being granted.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente