David Luiz completes Flamengo move following Arsenal exit
Former Chelsea, Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain defender David Luiz has joined Flamengo on a deal that runs through until the end of 2022.
David Luiz has completed a move to Brazilian club Flamengo following his exit from Arsenal at the end of last season.
David Luiz's successes in Europe
The 34-year-old returns to his homeland 14 years after departing Vitoria for spells with European clubs Benfica, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Arsenal. He won 19 trophies across that period, which includes two separate stints at Stamford Bridge, while also helping Brazil to Confederations Cup success in 2013.
Having been linked with numerous clubs since his two-year stay with Arsenal came to an end in June, David Luiz has now put pen to paper on a deal until December 2022 with Rio de Janeiro-based Flamengo.
The experienced defender is Flamengo's third arrival of the mid-year window following the loan signings of Camilo Durán, Andreas Pereira and Kenedy, the latter two joining from Manchester United and Chelsea respectively.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates