How much prize money will Medvedev earn for winning the US Open?
The Russian will take the biggest share of the total 57.5 million dollars (48.6M euros) prize money. Women's champions Raducanu will earn the same amount.
Daniil Medvedev won the US Open title for the first time in his life - an achievement which not only secures his place in tennis history, as he is just the third Russian to win a Grand Slam, he will also benefit economically, taking home the largest slice of the total 57.5 million dollars (48.6M euros), in prize money dished out to those taking part in the tournament.
Medvedev, who bear Novak Djokovic 6-4 6-4 6-4 in the final, will received a cheque for 2.5 million dollars (2.1M euros), the same prize money which Great Britain's Emma Raducanu, the women's champions will receive. It is half a million dollars less than last year's winners, Dominic Thiem and Naomi Osaka, received for their US Open triumphs.
Meanwhile, runners-up Djokovic and Leylah Fernández, will each take home 1,250,000 dollars in prize money. As for Carlos Alcaraz, the Spanish player who went furthest in the men's tournament, he will receive 425,000 dollars for reaching the quarter finals. Garbiñe Muguruza, the best of Spain's women players at the event, brings in 265,000 dollars for getting as far as the last 16. While the total prize money this year was higher than it has ever been, it was distributed more widely among those who took part during the preliminary rounds, who earned a combined 66% more than those taking part in 2019 did.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries
- US NEWS Director of photography killed by a prop gun on set of Alec Baldwin movie ‘Rust’
- NBA Eagles' Jason Kelce offers his opinion on Ben Simmons saga
- NBA 76ers' Ben Simmons fails to train after complaining of a 'tight back'