Sergiño Dest ruled out of UCL clash against Bayern Munich
FC Barcelona starts the UEFA Champions League group stage against the German giants and they won’t have the USMNT player in their roster.
Sergiño Dest suffered a sprained ankle playing for the United States against Canada in the 1-1 draw in the second game of the World Cup qualifiers in CONCACAF. He missed the last game and traveled to Barcelona to start with his recovery process.
Unfortunately, the USMNT player will miss the start of the UEFA Champions League group stage campaign after tests were conducted by the FC Barcelona medical services. Dest has not recovered fully and the manager Ronald Koeman didn’t include the player in the final roster that will host FC Bayern Munich at the Camp Nou.
Other players that won’t be available for the start of the group stage match are Martin Braithwaite (out for four months), Ousmane Dembelé and Sergio Agüero, the last two players are expected to return in the first weeks of November.
The good news is that Jordi Alba, Gerard Piqué and Sergi Roberto will be available to face the German giants in the start of the tournament with Luuk de Jong expected to make his debut with FC Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"