Four USMNT players who could miss Honduras qualifier
The United States men’s national team could face Honduras on Wednesday without Gio Reyna, Sergiño Dest and Zack Steffen, while McKennie is a doubt.
The United States men’s national team has two points from the first games of the CONCACAF 2020 World Cup Qualifiers. Last week their trip to El Salvador ended without goals and on Sunday night they tied 1-1 against Canada in Nashville.
Injury report for the USMNT
They will be traveling to Honduras for their third game of the round-robin tournament and the coach of the USMNT, Gregg Berhalter, has not yet announced the roster for the game. It is confirmed that Sergiño Dest and Gio Reyna have picked up injuries and most likely they wiill return to their clubs.
The Dortmund playmaker suffered a right hamstring strain and didn't play in the 1-1 draw against Canada and Dest has a high sprained ankle. On the other hand, Zack Steffen is recovering from Covid-19 and Weston McKennie is in doubt after breaking the protocols after playing 90 minutes against El Salvador last Thursday.
US Soccer has not revealed how McKennie broke Covid-19 protocols and they only stated that he was not included in Sunday’s game following a violation of team policy. Due to the amount of key absences, Berhlater might include him in the final roster that will travel on Tuesday to Honduras.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente