Vikings vs Cardinal: Minnesota defense hit by injuries and doubts
Everson Griffen and Anthony Barr will play no part in Sunday night’s game against the Cardinals, while Eric Kendricks, league tackle leader, is a doubt.
The Vikings suffered a surprising defeat to the Bengals in Week 1, letting a lead slip to allow Cincinnati to tie and go on to win it with a 33-yard field goal from Evan McPherson in the final seconds of overtime. And now their woes continue with a number of absences and doubts for this Sunday’s match-up with the Arizona Cardinals (Sunday 6:05 pm), who racked up 416 yards against the Titans.
Griffen saves deer, out with concussion
One of those out is defensive end Everson Griffen, who takes a rest following league concussion protocols. Griffen didn’t pick up a head knock in a game, or even on the training field however. He sustained his concussion after swerving to miss a deer while driving and driving into a tree.
Linebackers out and doubtful for Minnesota
Linebacker Eric Kendricks is on the doubtful list due to quadriceps niggles. That’s a worry for the Vikings - Kendricks leads in the league in tackles made with 15 against the Bengals. Their head coach however is optimistic, saying in the press conference ahead of Sunday’s game that the player is “fine” and that they are just being cautious.
Meanwhile linebacker Anthony Barr continues out with a knee injury which he’s been suffering from the pre-season.
Recommended in Nfl
- MLS LAFC back-to-back road victories after win over Austin FC
- GOLD CUP Will there be fans at the Gold Cup? What are the Covid-19 restrictions?
- Euro 2020 Golden Boot standings: who are the top scorers?
- PSG Ramos speaks after PSG make signing official
- UFC When was Conor McGregor's last UFC fight, and what was the result?
- UFC What were the results of McGregor vs Poirier 1 and 2?