Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
The Green Bay Packers hosted the Detroit Lions at Lambeau Field, with both teams looking for their first wins of the new NFL season.
Monday Night Football saw the Green Bay Packers bounce back from their Week 1 thumping by the New Orleans Saints with a 35-17 win over the Detroit Lions, Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Jones leading the Packers to victory.
Two Aarons shine as Packers tame Lions
Running back Jones scored four touchdowns at Lambeau Field, as the Packers left their NFC North rivals 0-2 so far in 2021. The Lions had begun their regular season with a 41-33 defeat to the San Francisco 49ers on 9 September.
Quarterback Rodgers, who had registered the poorest ever Week 1 passer rating of a reigning MVP against the Saints, threw for 225 yards and four touchdowns, the 37-year-old moving 10th on the NFL’s all-time list of passing yards, with 51,633.
Stats leaders in Lions 17-35 Packers
Passing: Jared Goff - 246 yards, two touchdowns, one interception
Rushing: Jared Goff - four carries, 46 yards
Receiving: TJ Hockenson - eight catches, 66 yards, one touchdown
Green Bay Packers
Passing: Aaron Rodgers - 255 yards, four touchdowns
Rushing: Aaron Jones - 17 carries, 67 yards, one touchdown
Receiving: Davante Adams - eight catches, 121 yards
(Stats per NFL.com)
More on Lions 17-35 Packers:
In Week 3, the Green Bay Packers visit the San Francisco 49ers at 8:20pm EDT, while the Detroit Lions host the Baltimore Ravens at 1pm EDT the same day.
Recommended in Nfl
- MLS LAFC back-to-back road victories after win over Austin FC
- GOLD CUP Will there be fans at the Gold Cup? What are the Covid-19 restrictions?
- Euro 2020 Golden Boot standings: who are the top scorers?
- PSG Ramos speaks after PSG make signing official
- UFC When was Conor McGregor's last UFC fight, and what was the result?
- UFC What were the results of McGregor vs Poirier 1 and 2?